Oh my gosh, you guys -- I am so, SO pleased with how the quilting turned out on my longtime UFO pineapple log cabin quilt!!! 😍😍😍
|Pineapple Log Cabin Quilt with Moulin Rouge E2E|
Pineapple Log Cabin FAQs:
- Quilt top measured 120" x 120" before quilting
- Blocks finished at 17 3/4"
- Log cabin strips finished at 3/4" and there are 97 fabric pieces in each block, 3492 in the entire quilt, plus borders
- Quilter's Dream Wool batting
- Glide 40 wt thread in Color 97494 Sea Foam (needle) & Glide 60 wt thread in Light Tan (bobbin)
- Quilting design is Moulin Rouge E2E from Urban Elementz, sized at 8.5"
I was so relieved when I got to the bottom of this quilt without having to piece any extra batting on the sides! The widest batting comes is a stated width of 120", and packaged batting usually gives you a few inches more than what it says on the package in the length, but the width of a roll is the width of a roll. Whew! Normally, I make sure to have at least 4-6" of extra backing AND batting on all four sides of a quilt.
|Glide Thread in Sea Foam, Moulin Rouge E2E Quilting Design|
Talk about playing "batting chicken!" So, let's talk about this Sea Foam thread color! My first instinct for this quilt was a more traditional off-white or ivory thread color, but I wanted to keep the focus on my piecing design and on my fabrics.